§1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we provide information on the collection of personal information when using our website. Personal data are all data that are personally referable to you, so for example, name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
Responsible person according to Article 4 para. 7 of EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
(3) Data processing serves the following purposes:to identify you as a (potential) customer, to carry out your inquiry or a contract, to contact you in the event of queries, clarification of discrepancies or other information, if necessary for invoicing, for any warranty and liability issues and for any assertion of claims against you and for the administration of customer data.
(4) Duration of the storage of your data: The personal data collected by us will be stored until the end of the statutory retention period and deleted thereafter, unless, pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter c GDPR a longer storage obligation is provided for due to tax/commercial storage and documentation obligations or if you agree to store data in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter a GDPR. As far as there is no legal obligation to store data, the data will be deleted as soon as the purpose of the data storage is fulfilled and the data is no longer required in this respect. Furthermore, your data will be deleted at your request, insofar as this is possible under tax and commercial law. Unneeded data will be deleted immediately.
(5) When you contact us by email or via the contact form, e.g. in the context of an inquiry, the data you provide (e.g. your email address, your name, your telephone number and your message to us) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions or process your request. We will delete the data collected in this context after the storage is no longer required by law or otherwise limit its further processing if we are required by law to continue archive it (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 letter f GDPR). You may revoke your consent at any time by notifying us, without affecting the legality of processing carried out on the basis of consent until the time of revocation. The data will then be deleted.
(6) When opening a customer accountwe collect the personal data you have provided us. The purpose of data processing is to improve your shopping experience and to simplify order processing. Processing takes place on the basis of Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) with your consent. You may revoke your consent at any time by notifying us, without affecting the legality of processing carried out on the basis of consent until the time of revocation. Your customer account shall then be deleted.
There will be no other transfer of your personal data to third parties. However, we reserve the right to pass on your data to third parties if in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence a GDPR you have expressly consented to this, which disclosure is necessary to assert or defend against legal claims (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR), we are subject to a statutory duty of disclosure in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter c GDPR or this is necessary for the fulfilment of contractual and pre-contractual obligations (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter b, GDPR).
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us regarding your personal data:
– The right to be informed,
– The right to correction or deletion,
– The right to limitation of processing,
– The right to opposition to the processing,
– The right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority concerning our processing of your personal data.
§ 3. Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you use the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 letter f GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of request
– Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the request (concrete page)
– Access Status/HTTP status code
– Respective volume of data transferred
– The website making the request
– Operating system and device
– Language and version of browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk in association with the browser you’re using and by which the body which sets the cookie (in this case, me), transmits certain information. Cookies cannot run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. They serve to make our site more user-friendly and effective.
- a) This website and our services use the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c).
- b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These especially include session cookies. These store a session ID which assigns the various requests made by your browser during the joint session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to the site. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
You can configure your browser settings as desired and refuse to accept third-party or any cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
- f) The Flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects that are stored on your mobile device. These objects store the required data independently of your browser and do not have an automatic expiry date. If you do not wish the Flash cookies to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and your browser history manually.
§ 4 Further features and offers on our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if interested. For this purpose, you must provide further personal data which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we will use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly checked.
(3) Furthermore, we may disclose your personal data to third parties if we offer promotions, competitions, contracts or similar services together with partners. For more information, please provide your personal data or see the description of the offer below.
(4) If our service providers or partners are located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
§ 5 Objection to or revocation of your consent for the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke this at any time. If you exercise this right, this will affect our ability to process your personal data after you have already given it to us.
(2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if processing is not necessary in particular to fulfil a contract with you, which is described by us in the description of the functions. When exercising such objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing.
(3) Of course, you may object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can inform us about your advertising objection under our contact data given in § 1 (2).
§ 6 Newsletter
(1) With your consent you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers. The goods and services to be advertised will be named in the consent form.
(2) To register for our newsletter, we use what is called the double opt-in method. This means that after your registration we will send you an email to the specified email address in which we ask you to confirm that you would like the newsletter to be sent. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store your IP addresses and the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify a possible misuse of your personal data.
The only required information for sending the newsletter is your email address. The indication of further, separately marked data is voluntary and is used to be able to address you personally. After your confirmation we will save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 letter a GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent for the newsletter at any time and thus unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can declare your revocation by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter email, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting us in one of the ways listed in the legal notice.
§ 7 Web Analytics
(1) Use of Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and that enable your use of the website to be analysed. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is enabled on this website, your IP address will first be truncated by Google within the Member States of the European Union or other parties to the agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services regarding website activity and internet usage for the website operator.
The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not conflated with other Google data.
You can prevent cookies from being stored by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser; however, we wish to point out that by doing so, you may not be able to enjoy the full functionality of this website. You can also prevent the data generated by cookies concerning your use of the website (incl. your IP address) from being passed to Google, and the processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. As a result, IP addresses are further processed in truncated form, so that reference to individuals can be ruled out. If the data collected about you is personally identifiable, it will be blocked immediately and the personal data deleted as soon as possible.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. We can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework, for exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 letter f of the GDPR.
(6) Third party information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, Overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, as well as the data protection declaration: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for an analysis of visitor flows across all devices that is carried out via a user ID (Google Universal Analytics). You can disable the device cross-analysis of your use in your account under “My data”, “personal data”.
§ 8 Social media
1. Use of social media plug-ins
(1) We use social media plug-ins on our website: These are e.g. Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Xing, T3N, LinkedIn, Flattr and Instagram. We use the so-called two-click solution. This means that if you visit our site, initially no personal data will be passed on to the providers of these plug-ins. You can recognize the provider of the plug-in by the marking on the box above its initial letter or the logo. We offer you the possibility to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in via the button. Only if you click on the marked field and thereby activate it, the plug-in provider receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online offer. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. In the case of Facebook and Xing, the IP address is anonymised immediately after collection, according to the respective provider in Germany. By activating the plug-in, data is automatically transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (US providers in the USA). Since the plug-in provider collects data mainly via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies before clicking on the greyed-out box using your browser’s security settings.
(2) We have no influence on the data collected and data processing processes, nor are we aware of the full extent of data collection, the purposes of processing, the storage periods. We also have no information on the deletion of the data collected by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as user profiles and uses these for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation is also made for users who are not logged in, to display customized advertising and to inform other users of the social network about activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these user profiles. You must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right. Through the plug-ins we offer you the possibility to interact with social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 letter f of the GDPR.
(4) The data is passed on regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in with the plug-in provider, your data collected with us will be directly assigned to your existing account with the plug-in provider. When activating the activated button and link the page, for example, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and communicates this to your contacts in public. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, especially before activating the button, as this way you can avoid being assigned to your profile with the plug-in provider.
(5) For more information on the purpose and extent of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider, please refer to the privacy statements of these providers provided below. Here, you will also find further information on your rights and settings options for protecting your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their data protection information:
- a) Facebook Inc, 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-
- b) Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de Google has submitted to the EU-US privacy shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework)
- c) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy Twitter has submitted to the EU-US privacy shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- d) Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, Germany; http://www.xing.com/privacy.
- e) T3N, yeebase media GmbH, Kriegerstr. 40, 30161 Hanover, Germany; https://t3n.de/store/page/datenschutz
- f) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, United States; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy LinkedIn has submitted to the EU-US privacy shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- g) Flattr Network Ltd. with headquarters at 2nd Floor, White bear yard 114A, Clerkenwell Road, London, Middlesex, England, EC1R 5DF, Great Britain; https://flattr. com/privacy.
- h) Instagram Inc, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA; https://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/.
- AddThis Bookmarking
(1) Our websites also contain AddThis plug-ins. These plug-ins allow you to bookmark or share interesting content with other users. Through the plug-ins we offer you the possibility to interact with social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 letter f GDPR.
(2) Via these plug-ins, your internet browser establishes a direct connection to the servers of AddThis and the selected social networking or bookmarking service, if applicable. The recipients will be informed that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online offer and the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration. This information is processed on AddThis servers in the USA. When you send content on our website to social networks or bookmarking services, a link can be established between visiting our website and your user profile on the relevant network. We have no influence on the data collected and data processing processes, nor are we aware of the full extent of data collection, the purposes of processing, the storage periods. We also have no information on the deletion of the data collected by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as user profiles and uses these for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation also takes place (even for users who are not logged in) for the purposes of providing customised advertising and to inform other social network users about activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these user profiles. You must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right.
(4) If you do not wish to participate in this process, you can object to the collection and storage of data at any time by setting an opt-out cookie with future effect: http://www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out. Alternatively, you can set your browser to prevent the setting of a cookie.
(5) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by the plug-in provider as well as further information on your relevant rights and setting options to protect your privacy can be obtained from: AddThis LLC, 1595 Spring Hill Road, Sweet 300, Vienna, VA 22182, USA, www.addthis.com/privacy.
- Inclusion of YouTube videos
(1) We have included YouTube videos in our online offering that are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and are directly playable from our website. These are all integrated in the “Extended Privacy Mode”, i.e. no data about you as user are transferred to Youtube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data referred to in paragraph 2 be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transmission.]
(2) When you visit this website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether YouTube makes available a user account via which you are logged in or no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile when using YouTube, you must first log out before clicking the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or requirements-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation also takes place (even for users who are not logged in) for the purposes of providing customised advertising and to inform other social network users about activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
(3) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by YouTube can be found in the data protection declaration. There you will also find further information on your corresponding rights and settings options for protecting your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Integration of Google Maps
(1) On this website, we use the offer of Google Maps. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the website and enables your convenient use of the map function.
(2) When you visit this website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether Google makes available a user account via which you are logged in or no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated to your Google profile, you must first log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or requirements-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation also takes place (even for users who are not logged in) for the purposes of providing customized advertising and to inform other social network users about activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right.
§ 9 Use of PayPal
Notice regarding this data protection declaration
The primary objective of the European Data Protection Basic Regulation is to inform the parties concerned – i.e. you – about the exact scope of data storage or processing and the resulting rights in a complete and easily understandable manner. For this reason, the above declaration is very comprehensive and precise. Should you nevertheless have any further questions on individual points, please do not hesitate to contact us.