Instruction Henna mixing
Are you interested in our natural Jamila henna and do you want to paint your own henna tattoos? Then here, we would like to give some brief instructions for mixing Jamila henna. Please note that the specifications are only approximate. The exact amounts will depend on the desired consistency and application. Rely on your gut feeling and do not strictly follow the specifications.
What we need:
- Bowl for mixing
- Table lamp
- Cling film
- 50g Jamila Body Art Henna
- 150ml lemon juice
- 30 g sugar
- 3 ml cajeput oil
- Weigh the Jamila Henna in a bowl. Now add the lemon juice in small portions gradually to the henna in the bowl and always stir it with a spoon.
- Then add about 30g sugar and 3ml cajeput oil. Mix the ingredients thoroughly. Do not worry if the mixture is lumpy.
- Cover the henna with cling film, which is placed directly on the henna paste.
- Leave the paste to rest 24 hours in a warm place. (Tip: place a table lamp above to achieve more (preferably about 70 degrees Celsius)).
- We recommend to stir the paste every 6 hours. The lumps will gradually dissolve.
- Mix well after 24 hours and check the consistency. Now you can adjust the consistency by adding a little lemon juice or henna.
Now the henna is ready for use and you can start to paint your own henna tattoo. Initially, the color of the henna tattoo is orange. But over the next 48 hours, it will change into a brownish color.